Events - Month View
The event calendar shows upcoming club events. Select a view then use the navigation buttons to move
between dates. Click on the event to view more information, including the event description, times,
location, fees and any rules regarding attendance; you can also register for events from this screen.
Click on the magnifying glass on the toolbar to see search and filter options.
Alternative meeting to replace second Tuesday due to conflicting schedules. Non-League members welcome, contact Barb Hansen. League members, find Loretta‘s address under Member Info.
Windtrail Care Housing Community Room
As our country continues to struggle with finding sustainable solutions to a looming healthcare crisis, the Health Care Team is hard at work advocating for ideas that work.
Rotates between team members homes.
This team meets on the second Tuesday of the month. Non League members welcome, contact Barb Hansen.
An Educational Public Forum with presentations by Sen. Mike Foote, who helped write the law giving local control; Berthoud Mayor Wm Karspeck; Commissioner Eva Henry; Dr. Mike Towbin of Physicians for Social Responsibility. An LWVLC Environmental Action Team and Poudre Canyon Sierra Club venture. Q & A following the presentation
Raffs Tavern at Highland Meadows Golf Course
The Election Reform Team has three sub-groups: Election Reform, Campaign Finance Reform and Stronger Ethics in Government. In a comprehensive approach, using League positions to advocate and take action, the team works together toward the one common goal of making democracy work for all.
1. Election Reform:
• Advocated for Colorado to pass legislation to join the National Popular Vote Interstate Compact (NPVIC): an agreement among a group of US states and the District of Columbia to award all of their respective 270 electoral votes to whichever presidential candidate wins the overall popular vote.
Sponsors of SB19-042 were Senator Mike Foote, House Reps. Emily Sirorta and Jeni Arndt. The bill passed out of Senate on January 23rd (19-16). Bill passed out of House on Feb. 21st (34-29). Governor Polis signed into law 3/15/19.
• Advocate for Proportional Representation that ensures parties gain seats in proportion to the number of votes cast for them.
• Advocate for alternative voting methods to plurality voting, specifically Rank Choice Voting with Instant Runoff Voting that ensures the winner has majority support.
2. Money in Politics or Campaign Finance Reform
• Advocate for Campaign Finance Reform that supports the public’s right to open and honest elections by providing full and timely disclosure of campaign contributions and expenditures; to curb special-interest soft and dark money; to support public funding of congressional elections for maximum citizen participation.
3. Support policy for Stronger Ethics in Government:
• Support the Anti-Corruption Act: legislation designed to limit the influence of money in American politics by overhauling lobbying, transparency, and campaign finance laws.
The team meets every 3rd Tuesday of the month,
1st Bank, 2644 S. Timberline Rd., Ft. Collins, 4:00pm.
Come visit a great team with members who have lots of experience and knowledge advocating for democracy!
Democracy is NOT Automatic
How do we Make Democracy Work for All
Rank Choice Voting for Colorado
Members, guests and the public are welcome.