Metro Districts: Who Benefits? Who Pays?
January 23 7 pm
Fort Collins City Hall
Video will be available on YouTube
Ross Cunniff, Fort Collins City Council member
Jacki Marsh, Mayor of City of Loveland
Bill Ankele, Esq. White Bear Ankele Tanaka & Waldron
Michael Valdez, Director of Policy, Special District Association of Colorado
· What is a metro district; how does it differ from a planned unit development or a home owners association?
· Why would a developer prefer a metro district to a planned unit development?
· What is the city's or county's role in approving and/or administering a metro district? What is the responsibility of those in the metro district....pay fees/taxes, participate on boards or committees?
· What benefits and problems have occurred in Colorado cities and counties but especially in Loveland/Fort Collins and in Larimer County?
· Are there issues of transparency for those in a metro district?
· How can the problematic issues be corrected or should the law allowing them be changed?