Carbon Neutrality by 2050: Is It Possible?
Video is Available on
“When I take a lungful of air in this moment, it has 30% more carbon in it than when I was born…That is a change that has never happened in a single generation of humankind on this planet.”
Sen. Jeff Merkley (D-Ore.) to Huffington Post
Lindsey Ex, Fort Collins Environmental Services
Stacey Baumgarn, Campus Energy Coordinator, CSU
Max Moss, President, HF2M Colorado
Moderator: Barbara Rutstein
Discussion Topics will include:
• Outline of the goals Fort Collins wants to reach by 2050 and the current status of the plan.
• The major areas of challenge in this plan. Electricity, natural gas, automobile emissions, etc.
• New technologies that might affect the success of this plan
• Federal and State actions that could impact these plans
• The impact on individual consumers, businesses, and the overall economic health of Fort Collins
• Effect of actions by a small city like Fort Collins on global climate change